The Science Behind the Product
After using the more powerful SeneDerm ® Solutions Facial Resurfacer to achieve a smooth skin surface, further refine the surface of your skin with this gentler polisher. Polishing Exfoliator uses the same Vanuatu Volcanic Ash in Facial Resurfacer, but it is very finely ground into a fine powder. This powder is dispensed within the product and is used as an effective skin polisher.
Polishing Exfoliator also contains SenePlex Complex ™ which helps increase cellular renewal, and Nangai Oil for pure moisture.
Key ingredients and benefits
SeneDerm ® Solutions Facial Resurfacer is made of a combination of ingredients. Here are a few key components:
- Volcanic Sand / Ash – used to polish and exfoliate dead layers of skin.
- Nangai Oil – a natural oil derived from the Nangai nut that helps skin maintain moisture.
- SenePlex Complex ™ – Kinetic enzyme that increases cellular renewal.
- Kaolin – from the naturally occurring mineral kaolinite, finely ground clay that absorbs perspiration.
- Corallina Officinalis (Blue Seaweed) Extract – helps prevent aging by hydrating, tightening, and toning the skin. So provides sun protection.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract – a skin-conditioning agent used in cosmetics and beauty care products because of its ability to act in oxidative stress and improve skin conditions.
- Magnesium Aluminum Silicate – a mineral beneficial to skin.
- Orchis Morio (Orchid) Flower Extract – used as a preparation of emollient products. This powerful anti-oxidant provides free- radical protection and maximum moisturization. The orchid extract is very effective as a sunscreen.
- Glucosamine HCL – enhances the body’s ability to manufacture collagen.
- Synthetic urea – an organic compound topical antiseptic, buffering agent, humectant, and skin conditioner.
- Algae (Seaweed) Extract – hydrates, protects skin from the sun, and softens the skin. It is essential in the penetration of the top layer of the stratum corneum and enhances the skin’s ability to repair itself.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – Sodium Hyaluronate has a smaller molecular size than Hyaluronic acid, causing it to easily penetrate the skin’s surface, and is able to retain a relatively large amount of water – up to 1,000 its own weight. This means it can penetrate to lower layers of the skin, attract and retain water, and promote nutrient absorption.
- Phenoxyethanol – an oily liquid used as a bactericide and topical antiseptic.
- Panthenol – Vitamin B complex is essential for formation of new healthy tissues.
- Caprylyl Glycol – plant derived skin-conditioning agent used as a preservative.
- Citric Acid – a preservative and sequestering ingredient (a preservative that prevents physical or chemical changes affecting color, flavor, texture or appearance of a product) to adjust alkali balance, and is also used as an astringent.
- Ethylhexylglycerin – a natural preservative used as an alternative to parabens that is derived from glycerin and can also be used as a deodorizer and skin conditioner. It also serves as a surfactant and preserving enhancer and acts as a safe preservative. Ethylhexylglycerin is a synthetic compound derived from grains and plants and works by reducing interfacial tension on the cellular walls of micro-organisms, promoting their more rapid destruction and a wider spectrum activity.